When you arrive
What to do when you arrive and advice on how to settle in successfully.
- Make sure you are fully registered.
- Collect your personal University card (UCard). Your UCard is your library card and you also need it to access campus facilities.
- If you still need to find somewhere to live, we have advice about finding privately rented accommodation.
Health and wellbeing
- Once you know the address of your accommodation, you can register with a local doctor.
- Download the Student Health app for iOS or the Student Health app on Android for reliable and relevant health care advice wherever you are.
- Tell us if you have a long term health condition or disability as soon as possible.
- We want to create an inclusive campus where diversity is celebrated, antisocial attitudes and behaviours are challenged. Complete our Student induction course to find out more.
- Advice for home sponsored students.
- International students must provide a sponsorship letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we don’t receive your sponsor letter, you will be liable for all fees.
- Study Abroad sponsored students refer to your offer letter or contact the Global Opportunities team.
Pay your fees
- If you are a self-financing student or a sponsored student you must arrange to pay your tuition fees.
- If you are living in university residences you must pay your accommodation fees.
Student support services
Our dedicated teams are here to help you throughout your time at university. Find out about our support services for students.
Get ready to study
Discover what studying at university will be like and what study support and study skills are available. Find out how to get ready to study.
Places to worship
Find out about faith-based societies and places to worship on campus and around Bristol.
Sport and activities
- Discover which clubs, societies and student networks you can join.
- Buy an activity pass to access our sports facilities.
- Get involved with our Students' Union, Bristol SU.
Explore the campus and Bristol
- Get to know your way around by taking a self-guided walk, narrated by current students.
- Find out the best way for getting around Bristol and look at our University campus map.
Life in Bristol
Getting around campus, activities to join in with and support for living and studying.
University of Bristol app
Make the most of your time at Bristol. Download from Google Play or the App Store.