We have a variety of postgraduate University residences located in the heart of the city. Student Accommodation also offers support and resources for students looking for accommodation in Bristol's private sector.
Our accommodation guarantee
We guarantee an offer of University-allocated accommodation to students who apply for accommodation before 30 June 2022 and are one of the following;
- postgraduate student in first year of study who will be paying fees at the overseas rate,
- intercalators joining a postgraduate course (paying tuition fees at the overseas rate),
- Aerosol Science PhD student,
- apply for accommodation before the guarantee deadline of 30 June 2022,
- are a new full-time student, coming to study at Bristol for the first time,
- firmly accept your offer of study and put Bristol as your first choice,
- start your studies at the University by 1 November 2022 and will be here for a full academic year.,
- are unaccompanied (this means you are coming without dependent family members, spouses or partners).
University-allocated accommodation is only guaranteed for one year.
Read our accommodation guarantee page for more information.
Browse our postgraduate self-catered accommodation to see the full range of accommodation we have available. If you are accompanied by a partner or family, you can apply for one of a small number of University family accommodation.
Find out more about our accommodation, from student life in our residences, to social opportunities and budgeting for your accommodation costs.
Applying for University accommodation
The online accommodation applications open on 1 March 2022.
All accommodation applications and offers are made via our Accommodation Portal. You will need to have received and accepted a firm offer of study from the University to access the accommodation application.
Find out how to register on the Accommodation Portal and how to complete and submit your application.
If you don't meet the terms of our accommodation guarantee, you are still welcome to apply but we cannot guarantee to offer you University accommodation. You can apply in our second round of accommodation applications, which open from 19 August 2022 - 31 August 2022.
We recommend that you also look for accommodation in the private sector alongside your application.
Private rented accommodation
Our Student Accommodation team can provide information and guidance about renting in Bristol's private sector. They can advise you where to look for vacancies and suggest letting agencies to contact.
Chief and Senior Resident positions
Chief and Senior Resident positions are paid roles within our residences to help build communities and offer pastoral and practical support to the students living there. Find out more about the roles and how to apply.